Sunday 8 January 2012

New years resolutions, time to get past some things

I have a few new years resolutions. Some are simple enough, others not so much. Here they are:

Lose the last of the baby weight:
I have done pretty well in the last year as I gained about 30kg in pregnancy and I was left with 12kg to lose after baby was born and those first few weeks. I have lost 7 kg of them but gained back 1 over the xmas break, so I am left with 6kg to get rid of. These last 6 have been plaguing me, I go up and down, I get motivated, lose motivation, etc. I need to just do it. I've set myself a goal- by my birthday, I want them to be gone. My birthday is March 27 so I think if I am really dedicated it will be achievable. For me, exercise is the key, without it I just stay the same, so my goal is to get exercising again!

Sort out my stomach issues:
I have had stomach issues for years, has always been chalked up to irritable bowel syndrome by doctors for want of a better explanation. But last year it got worse and different, so now I have a referral to a gastroenterologist at the hospital to see if anything is going on. I have also switched to rice milk as dairy and soy milk do not agree with me and am limiting the rest of my dairy to a bit of cheese and yoghurt as I seem to be able to tolerate them fine. I feel better on the rice milk so that's a good start. But I need to know what's going on so I can feel better.

Learn to be more secure in myself and not worry about others and what they do:
This is the very hard one. I have had long standing issues around weight/attractiveness which stem right back to my childhood, as I was a competitive dancer and so these two things were always highly important. In my extended family they tend to be big issues and how people are judged too. So I have never really felt happy with myself or my body. So when someone comes along who is all the things I think I'm not, I feel jealous and beat myself up about it. It starts to consume me. I am having this trouble right now with someone in my life who I believe is skinny, pretty, more outgoing/friendlier than me, and they make me feel so bad about myself. It is not their fault, they don't cause it I do, they have nothing to do with it it is all on me and how I talk to myself, but I can't help feeling the way I do and I need to stop it because it is only doing me harm. I need to realise that while I may not be all the things I want to be, I do have a lot in my life to be grateful for and a lot that is good about me, so that should be all that is important. I worry too much about others and what they do and say- I need to live in my own world more and worry about me, DS and DH and who cares about the rest. It's so easy to say, but so hard to do!!!!! I need to change the things I can change and get over the rest... but how???? I feel so jealous of certain people sometimes. I hate it and it brings me down. I'm the only one who can control it so I need to figure out how to.

Get over this PND for good:
I feel I am pretty much over the depression part but it is anxiety that still plagues me. Maybe I will always have that, maybe I always have and it's not PND at all. I think maybe while I'll always deal with depression as an illness, right now I am not depressed and I am proud of that I have come a long way. If I can get on top of my anxiety then more the better. I know I can do it.

ENJOY MY LIFE AND BE HAPPY:
Self explanatory really hehe.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a 25yr old mother, teacher, and wife plagued by anxiety. I have an awesome husband, amazing kids, and a beautiful horse to keep me going, and I get to teach in a workplace I'm attached to, but out of the blue my feet can be swept from under me. I'm looking forward to reading about your journey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing girl, Lisa! I admire you for all that you've gone thru this last year. It makes me sad to think you bring yourself down because of how better than you, you think others are. I truly hope you can see yourself as the beautiful person I'm sure you've always been. Before you go to bed at night, remind yourself of all the good things about you and feel grateful. XXX
    (PS this is from my new blog account, hope you know who I am!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mother Clucky- thanks heaps for the comment, I have subscribed to your blog too and it's nice to know someone else is out there in the same situation :)

    Sanstar thanks so much for the lovely comment yes I do know who you are :) your comment really cheered me up and I think I just need a kick up the butt to be grateful for what I have!

    ReplyDelete